Last updated: March 2015
About this policy
SGK Food Industries approaches communications with individuals with respect for, and commitment to, individual privacy rights, and the different sensibilities of our child consumers. We support active self-regulation of this environment to ensure that responsible marketers can maintain the right to use communication media to interact with our consumers.
- you agree that if you disclose your personal information to us, we may create a database record of information about you and use the information for the purposes set out below, including notifying you of any prizes awarded to you in a promotion you have entered or communicating relevant product information or offers to you
- we may contact you for the purpose of handling an inquiry or complaint you have raised
The types of personal information SGK Food Industries collects will vary depending on the nature of your dealings with SGK Food Industries. At all times we try to only collect the personal information that we need for the particular business activity and/or function we are carrying out. The main way SGK Food Industries collects personal information about you is when you give it to us. This is generally:
- over the telephone (for example, when you contact our Consumer Contact Center)
- via our company owned websites – the SGK Food Industries website and the websites and apps of our products and brands (for example, when you register for an offer on one of our product websites or when you complete the SGK Food Industries customer electronic feedback form on our website)
- when you write to us
- when you register for or attend an event organised by us
- when you participate in a marketing campaign or promotion administered by us or our representatives.
If you provide your personal information through the SGK Food Industries Careers Online Job Application Form or by otherwise applying for employment at SGK Food Industries, SGK Food Industries will collect your personal information to assess your employment application and suitability, and if required contact you to arrange an interview or to draw your attention to a position that might interest you. If your personal information is not provided to us, we cannot assess your application and suitability. In providing these details you confirm that you have obtained consent from all referees for SGK Food Industries to contact them, and that you consent to SGK Food Industries obtaining personal information from the referees, in relation to your employment with them.
You may transact with SGK Food Industries anonymously or using a pseudonym where this is reasonable and practicable. However, for most of our activities and functions, we usually need a form of contact information to enable us to properly handle the issue or query (for example, to send a prize awarded to you in a promotion you have entered).
Use and disclosure of personal information
SGK Food Industries will only use or disclose personal information for the purpose for which we collected it (primary purpose), a purpose related to the primary purpose, where required or permitted by law or where you have consented to such use or disclosure. The main purposes for which we may use or disclose personal information include:
- conducting competitions or promotions;
- investigating or addressing a request, enquiry or complaint you have made;
- providing you with news or information about our products;
- conducting internal research aimed at improving our products or campaigns;
- occasionally sending marketing or promotional material about our products or offers that we consider you may be interested in;
- maintaining and keeping our records up to date and accurate;
- verifying your identity; and
- to maintain, secure, operate and/or improve our websites and services and your experience when using them.
- to law enforcement bodies, in order to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property or safety of the public or SGK Food Industries; or
- to external service providers such as prize fulfillment agencies, mailing houses, our consumer contact center and IT service providers that host our website servers and databases, so they can provide the services we have contracted to them (for instance, to distribute prizes according to our competition terms and conditions).
SGK Food Industries considers the security of your personal information is of utmost importance. To this end, SGK Food Industries takes all physical and electronic steps to keep the personal information we hold secure from unauthorized access, misuse, modification, loss and interference, both internally and externally. For example, SGK Food Industries only permits your details to be accessed by authorized personnel, and maintains up to date electronic protections and tools to safeguard our systems. Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we no longer need it, in accordance with set SGK Food Industries policies and procedures. We also ensure that we only disclose your information to third parties where it is necessary or compulsory to do so, and we impose strict security requirements on all such third parties regarding how they hold and deal with personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure and you need to be aware of this when communicating with or providing personal information to SGK Food Industries over the internet.
To ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, we record information in a consistent format and according to standard protocols, promptly update our records when we receive new or updated information, only grant edit rights to personnel on a need to know basis and regularly audit our databases.
Changes and access to personal information
If you want to:
- know what personal information SGK Food Industries holds about you or gain access to this personal information;
- update or correct any personal information SGK Food Industries holds about you; and/or
When you contact us with such a request, we will take steps to update your personal information, provide you with access to your personal information and/or otherwise address your query within a reasonable period after we receive your request. To protect the security of your personal information, you may be required to provide identification before we update, or provide you with access to your personal information.
In any marketing communication sent by us directly to you (for instance by email), you will be given the option to ‘opt out’ from receiving communications from SGK Food Industries, such as by clicking on an ‘unsubscribe’ link in the body of an email or at the end of an email.
Questions or complaints?
SGK Food Industry Sdn Bhd
PT28100, Kawasan Perindustrian Nilai,
71800 Nilai, Negeri Sembilan
Darul Khusus, Malaysia.